Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Where to start...it hasn't been that long technically since I've updated, but so much has happened and I've been so busy it's hard to know where to start when I've let my writing slide. teachers College is going well, it's really stressful, but interesting and fun and I'm really enjoying it. In some ways it's totally different from what I expected, in a lot of ways actually, but in other ways it's not. I'm learning a lot, and I have two really great profs who teach most of my classes, although I prfer one over the other. They are both nice, I just really relate more to the other. My friend mani, who I've known since HS/Uni is in the program with me, and that is reaslly helping. Although I have met many new people, and am making new friends, it is nice to have someone you already know and trust to hash things over with, stress about things together, and someone to vent to when things don't go how I'd like. While I said I have met many nice people, there are some real bossy bitches in my class as well unfortunately, and as we are all spending the second whole week together, people's true personalities are starting to come out. The very first week, people were like on their best behaviour. But this being our second week of straight class before we start splitting our time between school and placement schools, I knew this is where I'd really start to see people for who they are. Some people are just as nice as they seem, some even nicer, others are horrible, bossy, mean sarcastic bitch-asses who quite frankly I don't know how they even got in the program. I was stuck sitting with a bunch of people like that yesterday unfortunately, and it really left a horrible taste in my mouth, and left me in a bad mood yesterday afterschool. However, today was a much better day overall, for a variety of reasons.
On another note, SW has started once again, so I have been busy with that as well, rushing to rehearsals afterschool. This past weekend was the opening, and then this thurs, fri and saturday it's on again. I'm thinking the three nights in a row (new this year) is going to be a little much, it's tiring and it ties up an awful lot of time. I prefered the two nights in a row myself.
What else....well I've been working really hard and have been under a lot of stress. You know what they say, work hard, play hard. So I've gone out every weekend since school started with mani and beth and some other people sometimes. It has been much needed stress relief, and also much needed male attention. Being in a program of 68 people, that has exactly only SIX guys in it, the classroom environment is a little unbalanced. It's like estrogen overload, and by the end of the week it just sometimes is too much. So it's nice to go out to the bar/club and be inundated with male attention. Although I've had to fend off a lot of creeps, I have had some 'appropriate' attention as well, and it's certainly been a boost to my ego. It helps balance the estrogen overload I've been dealing with at school anyways. Then I'm ready to go back and start it all over again on monday. And now now mani and I have a lot of strange/interesting/or crazy stories to tell about our weekend adventures. All in all it has been a very busy, interesting past couple of weeks.

No comments: