Friday, April 04, 2008

You know what is scary? Knowing that you are completely responsibile for everything a child knows/ needs to know about a particular subject.

There is a whole class of grade four students whose knowledge of rocks and minerals is based commpletely on what I taught them...

That is how it should be I guess, because those kids should receieve the best learning experience they can have, and fear can be a powerful motivator. And I don't mean fear in a bad way like omg I am scared to teach these kids...I mean in a way that many people feel when doing an important aspect of their jobs; as in, I have got to do a thorough job and do this well, because this is imporatant. If that makes sense...it does in my head, but at the moment I don't know if I am really expressing what I mean very well...

No comments: