Sunday, November 14, 2004

Sometimes I feel like I'm going to be alone forever. And that's a fucking depressing thought. I can rationalize all I want and tell myself that's not true, so while I can logically think one thing, I can't control what I emotionally feel. And that sucks. Because it seems like no matter what I do, everytime I try and reach out to someone, it doesn't work, it doesn't happen. I just end up crushed and heartsore. Emotionally crippled and unstable, and having to heal again and again. And every time it happens, I just fall harder and feel deeper. So it hurts more each time I'm rejected. Rejection is something I have a hard time dealing with anyway, I take it too personally. But in these cases, how can I not take it personally? It's so hard to meet someone...I've tried through theatre, I've tried through school. Neither seems to have worked out...so where do I look? I'm trying not to look, trying to just live my life, but it's hard. Because sometimes I am just so lonely. You can be surronded by friends and family and be totally loved, but still be lonely. Because it's a longing for a different kind of relationship than those people can provide, and it's even harder when you see people all around who have that. I want that, but sometimes I feel like I'm never going to find it. And I mean I'm not in this mood all the time...but sometimes it just hits me really hard, like now, and I feel so depressed. And I don't know what to do about it, sometimes I cry, rant, but I always dream. There isn't much else I can do, other than go on with my life. And hope, and dream, and have the belief that I know it will get better. And the thing is, I know most people don't even know I'm feeling this way because I'm pretty happy and easy going at school. I don't show it to most people there. And I just have this depth of feeling that is so intense, but at the same time makes me feel so vulnerable, that it's not something I go around talking about to just anybody, because talking about it makes me feel exposed. SO I just keep hoping, and dreaming, and living.

3 comments:

JeN said...

I'm sorry, darlin'. I wish I could make you feel better. Maybe a box o' sex? ha ha ha
Sometimes you can be with someone and be lonely too.
Amoeba-rock!

Scarlett said...

Thanks JeN...and a box o' sex couldn't hurt...

JeN said...

Thanks for the comment. So, are you red or pink?