Monday, January 16, 2006

An example of how I have changed since I started university.

In first year when I was looking over the English courses I read the course description for Bible and Literature. I laughed my ass off, mocked it considerably, wondered why anyone would take it who was not religious, and said, yeah That's a course I'll never be taking...

This semester I am taking Bible and Literature II.

Never thought I'd see the day. But I needed a course, and the more I learned at University, particularily about the huge amount of biblical allusions, and the connections between a religious based society and literature, the more sense this course made to me.

From 1st year to 4th year...grown up a little more now...and not mocking the course.

I will however still mock the fact that I have to BUY a bible for school...there is only so much a person can change after all:P

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

teehee.. Katie! I heard the prof for that class is good, but I don't know because I haven't taken it. Good luck

Scarlett said...

Thanks...I'll need it since I am supposed to have a quiz on Thursday, and the bookstore is sold out of bibles already...:l

Anonymous said...

I have like 20 Bibles in my house.. no joke! I can lend you one if you need it

Scarlett said...

Thanks for the offer, but the problem is more getting the right edition of the bible than anything. We have a bible at our house:P but you know school and specific textbooks...thanks anyways tho:)

Anonymous said...

yeah i hate buying texbooks. if you end up not finding it, you can try to look up your passages at biblegateway.com. They have every translation. good luck

Scarlett said...

Thanks :)