Tuesday, February 21, 2006

In intense and incredible physical pain. Yesterday was a complete write off of a day, and today pretty much too. Yesterday I got my bottom wire put on, and the elastics on my top braces changed. I was expecting so much pain, because I've already had the top ones on for a while. Well my god it was terrible, worse than the first time I even got them on. I hurt so much that the 2 advils I took didn't even dull the pain, didn't even take the edge off. So basically, all I did yesterday was take 2 advils every four hours, wrap myself in a blanket and lay around watching tv, not eating. I kept taking the advil, even though it didn't seem to be doing anything....maybe it would have made my head explode if I hadn't taken it though. I do not rememebr the last time I was in pain like that; imagine having a really bad toothache, one that goes right down from the roots of your tooth to the tips, and then imagine having that in every single tooth, and multiply that by about a thousand....thouse million maybe...and you get an idea of what I was feeling. I was expecting the bottom wire to be more managable pain since I had already experienced the trauma of the top barces wire going on, and so knew what to expect. But no no....a dreadful, horrible experience, which pains not only my mouth but this week down my jaw, chin, and right up into my ears. At least the advil dulled the pain a little bit today, but I just want it to go away. Hardly ate anything today either....this is why I'm losing weight. This has been a very bad week so far. And I have to go teach drama to grade 7's today, with a very pain filled mouth...having to be loud (it hurts my mouth to talk loudly) and patient when I'm in pain....this'll be fun...:(

No comments: