Sunday, July 04, 2004

Starting work tomorrow...which should be a good thing, but I'm still very very angry at my company, and I have to go to Whitby. But hopefully the people and kids at my centre will be nice. Went out with Mala and her friends Saturday night. It was good times...and we pretty much drove all over southern ontario haha! We were originally supposed to go to some bar in oshawa, but then the person who knew that bar suddenly couldn't come, so it got changed to this other bar called Robbie's in the 'brough, cuz Mala knows the owner. So she picked me up and we went on our merry way to pick up another friend of hers in oshawa. Well, needless to say we got to the 'shwa and about 1/2 an hour later eventually found this girls house:P lol remember, you're not lost just change where you want to go! So then we headed to the bar where we met up with some friends of Mala's. It was pretty dead to start with but livened up a little as the night went on. These guys who we played pool with kept trying to convince us to go back to their house cuz they "had playstation 2" and that they were really "nice guys". Uh huh...well, needless to say we did NOT go because as Mala and I agreed later, we like being happy and staying unmolested and alive. But those guys kept it up all night, it started to get annoying cuz they wouldn't give up this ridiculous idea. Anyways met some people you know the shpiel. Suddenly about 2 o'clock Mala friend Cindy is like, lets go to a barbeque I was supposed to earlier tonight in rexdale. Well being me who doesn't drive and really doesn't have a sense of where things are cuz of that I had no clue where we were actually going. But off we went to rexdale, it was further than I thought it would be. We stayed there for a little while, but it was late and we were tired so we didn't stay long. Also I was offended by the fact that as we walked up one guy said with disgust "white girl". Well I mean yes I'm white, and they were all brown except for Malas friend Grace that we picked in the 'shwa, but so what, that's not the kind of thing that bothers me. What did bother me is that some small minded biggoted idiot reacted to me like that. But whatever, it wasn't worth causing a scene cuz it was one stupid, small minded guy, whatever. So we headed back to the 'shwa where we transfered over to Mala's car and headed on our way to drop Grace at home. On the way we stopped at Timmy's cuz I was really thirsty. Then McDonalds for something to eat cuz tim hortons didn't have any donuts. Well, weren't we surprised when they told us at the drive through that they were only serving breakfast. Well being it was 4:30 in the morning, we were like what? that's crazy, who eats breaky that earlty, but either way we wanted like fries and whatever not breakfast so we left. An we all agreed that whitby sucks fast food wise cuz everything was closed. We continued our drive and saw another timmys but couldn't get into it, so stopped at a cross country where they had a few selections of donuts but they were very fresh. Then we drove and dropped Mala's friend in Oshawa. Mala and I headed back to Ajax discussing the events of the night, this that and everything else. By this point it was almost 5 o'clock and we were wide awake again, being in the rather giggly but not sleepy stage. Mala dropped me at home a little after 5 and we agreed we must do it again soon. I had a good time, it was very interesting cuz we went all over the place and I met some new people. Thanks for inviting me out Mala! I know this has been a rather longer post than I usually do, but I had a lot to type about and felt like writing. Think positive thoughts for me as I start my job tomorrow :P

3 comments:

JeN said...

I like long posts...
-- JeN

JeN said...

Where the *bleep* is Rexdale? I've never even herd of it!

Scarlett said...

Rexdale is in the general vicinity of Toronto...yes it's a fair drive