Sunday, May 14, 2006

I just love listening to the rain. I think it can be one of the most comforting, soothing sounds around, yet it can also be very exciting and electric.

I love watching the rain pour down outside through my window, there's something fascinating about it. Or better yet, I love to watch it out an open door. Rain can be so soft and nourishing, yet dangerous and destructive other times. I love the feeling of standing outside just before it's going to rain; the tension and almost electricity that builds, the thunder or looming silence that happens just before a storm hits. There's such a feeling of power, of danger, of life.

I love to curl up with a warm blanket and listen to the sound of the thunder and rain. There's nothing nicer on a rainy day then curling up with a good book, or watching a movie while it pours outside. Or best yet, I love to just lay and daydream, let my mind wander while the sound of rain on my roof and rolling thunder fills in the background. I love laying in my bed at night while the rain pounds rhythmically on my roof, the sound lulling me, soothing me, while my mind drifts. I love going to sleep to the sound of the rain.


I also love singing and dancing in the rain...but that's a whole nother story...;)



1 comment:

Em said...

i love the rain too! i grew up in seattle. the sound of rain is calming and reasuring, almost like the constant sound of a rocking chair...