Saturday, May 27, 2006

"Without love, what are we worth? Eighty-nine cents! Eighty-nine cents worth of chemicals walking around lonely." I feel that this statement speaks volumes.

Later today I have the first meeting for this years Settlers at Sunset series. Last year the performance had to be cancelled due to construction onsight, so I am very happy to welcome Lavinia (my character) and all my duffins creek family back to my life. This is one of my favourite plays to perform, it's always a ton of fun, with very little rehearsal time. I love this combination of scripted and improv performance, it's something I feel I do quite well. When performance time rolls around I will be very happy to be Lavinia once again.

It was my brother's 18th birthday on thursday. Wait, that can't be...didn't I just turn 18? Even though I'm 22 going on 23 I can vividly remember turning 18 myself, it doesn't feel that long ago. And although it doesn't make me feel old exactly, it just seems a little odd because it seems like such a short time ago I was 18. So anyways, I now have an 18 year old brother. Happy Birthday little spoon! (family joke) We had a very nice family dinner and cake and presents and everything on his actual birthday. It was nice and I took lots of pictures.

I also had another board of directors meeting this week, and this evening I spent a chunk of time on this computer sending out approximately some 40 or 50 some emails for Spirit Walk. I'm Stage Manager again this year, but that meant I had to sent out confirmations about what parts everyone is playing, and reminders about our first meeting.

School is coming along. I like my prof, he's interesting and has quite a sharp little sense of humour about him. Plus, he never lectures the entire 3 hour class so I get out early; this is good, because after 2 hours my brain is ready to be out of there, and it means I can catch an earlier less busy Go Train.

I worked with my little childrens today. Well, technically I did a lot of helping count up and fill out forms for the fundraising that they had been doing. But I got to see my kids anyways, and I got hugs. They're so cute.

Anyways, I should go TRY and get to sleep, since I have to get up early and be at the village for my 10 am meeting...

No comments: