Friday, December 30, 2005

I remember sitting on your lap, laughing
Looking in your eyes
Playing the game
Thinking you wanted me
Talking in the shadows
Teasing words and playful touches
Watching and listening to you
Helping you rehearse that role
For someone else
I thought I could fill it
But you wouldn't even let me try
Walking up that path with you
I guess the moonlight mislead me
And my hopes caught on fire
Blazing high
Then burning to nothing
Instead of steadily lighting our way

The long walk to heartache
Uphill battle
Instead of helping me
You watch me struggle,
Almost fall
And you leave me behind
To travel back down the path
In the dark and alone
Heartbreak stalks me
It trips me and I fall
A hard bed and a dark, cold city
Stop to remind me
That I won't be allowed to forget

No comments: