Friday, December 16, 2005

Sometimes I just look around and realize how good I really have it.
Sometimes it's a moment in a tv show, or a commercial, a line from a song on the radio, or an ad,
that strikes a chord somewhere within me, and my eyes fill up, and it just makes me stop and think about the suffering that goes on in the world. Sometimes it's a specific thought, if I heard an Ad or commercial for something, sometimes it's more general, like after watching a documentary a while ago. Either way, it makes me stop and think and appreciate what I have. Sometimes in the midst of bitching about exams, or school stress, or relationship conflicts, I just have one of those moments, and it reminds me of what a really good life I do have. And how lucky I am to have it. And it just makes some things, not seem less imporatnt, but puts them in perspective. I've been having a number of those moments lately, maybe because it's getting closer to christmas and there is a lot more advertising for people in need. Whatever the reason, sometimes it's good to just take a moment, take a breathe, and realize in spite of the trials of life, it's Good.

No comments: