Saturday, March 25, 2006

I am so lame sometimes I just have to laugh. Well, maybe that's not really being fair to myself, but I certainly am an emotional wreck from all the stress I've been under lately.

Example.
This morning I was getting ready to go the school I volunteer at Friday afternoons, and as usual I was running late. So I was hurredly brushing my teeth, and upon suddenly looking closer, I realized to my shock HOW much the spaces in my upper teeth have actually closed in from the braces. I was so happy, I just started to cry. It was ridiculous, here I am, running late, brushing me teeth, crying in the bathroom. I was just so happy, and relieved, and kind of in shock I guess that it is actually working. It's been six monthes this month since I got the upper braces on, and it seems like both such a long/and short time. It's a really frustrating process because I can't really see the gradual process in my teeth myself. But you know, it's like every once in a while I'll look closely and be amazed by what I see. I have been really self conscious about my teeth for so long, and the braces have seemed to been on for so long already, it just seemed like one of those things that will never happen. Like I know eventually I will have nice straight teeth, but I can't really imagine it. And seeing, REALLY realizing that the spaces where I had teeth removed is at LEAST, if not more, than half of what was there originally after the extractions, just really hit me. On one hand, I felt so happy, on the other hand ridiculous because I was crying in my bathroom over the fact that my teeth had moved. It just really got to me, it's like it's actually happening. And I have been self conscious about my teeth for so long, the fact that the braces are actually working, that I can see it starting to happen, just overwhelmed me with joy and shock and relief and I don't know what else. Even now it's bringing tears to my eyes because I'm so happy, and thankful. And maybe that sounds ridiculous, but I am an emotional person, what can I say, my emotions often run away without my consent. However this constant waiting to hear from teachers college (10 days til admission letters are mailed....I mean 9 now!) is just really stressing me out so much, and making me feel like an emotional trainwreck right now. I know, this too shall pass...but in the meantime I think the stress is making me overemotional and sensitive. However that's my little sharing piece for the day, it might not mean much to anyone else, but it was kind of like my little epiphany for the day, and maybe it will give some hope to someone else reading this and suffering through braces. :)

No comments: