Sunday, March 26, 2006

I never want to let my age define who I am. I don't want it to limit how I act, how I dress, or who I'm friends with, what I want to do or what I think I can do. Sometimes other people define who I am by it, but I hope that I never fall into that trap and do that to myself. My age is only one part of who I am, only one small facet of what makes up my personality, I recognize it's not who I am, but only one part of it. And in knowing this, I try not to judge other people by their ages, not to define who I think they are or what they are capable of doing, just by how many years old they are. I try to just take it as part of who they are, and I hope that I am able to break through some peoples preconceptions of me by my age, by showing how capable and talented I am through what I do and how I choose to act. You know how there are some people who will brush you off, or treat you differently because you're younger....with the idea in their mind that you can plainly see in their attitude, 'oh, she's just 22'. Well, I know some people like that, and I'm not going to let them define who I am, I can show who I am by just being me and letting them see that.

No comments: